Breed: Jack Russell Terrier
Nationality: Great Britain
Weight (kg): 14 - 18
Size (cm): 45 - 48
Hair type: hard
Color Standards: Entirely white, or white with fire, lemon or black markings, often limited to the head or tail.
Origin and History: It was created in the nineteenth century by Reverend John Russell, a pastor of the western England founder of the Kennel Club of Britain.
Personality: It is a keen and curious dog.
Known Health Problem: No known health problems.
Note: They’re often aggressive towards strangers and fellow creatures
• Dislocation of the lens
• Glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye) secondary
• Dysplasia (developmental anomaly) of the hip and elbow
• Aseptic necrosis (degeneration) of the femoral head
Patellar dislocation (patella)
• Hereditary ataxia (gait)
• Urine stones (urates)
• Myasthenia gravis
• Severe combined immunodeficiency
Predisposition to diseases
• Hypothyroidism (decreased hormone production by the thyroid gland)
• Glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye)
• AHMI (Immune Mediated Hemolytic Anemia)
• Distichiasis (row of supernumerary eyelashes that point to the cornea)
• Pulmonary stenosis (narrowing of the pulmonary valve)
• Portosystemic shunt (short circuit of the liver through the bloodstream)
• Cutaneous malassezia (infection of the skin by yeast Malassezia)