Family (group): Pinscher type
Weight (kg): 11 - 16
Size (cm): 43 - 48
Hair type: short, dense and lustrous.
Color Standards: All solid colors from fawn to mahogany, black and blue.
Origin and history: The origins of this breed are imprecise. Ella has been used for the creation of several breeds of besides Rhin, including that of Doberman. The breed was recognized in 1879.
Personality: This is an affectionate dog faithful to his masters. They are kind to strangers if he is well socialized. They are always moving and can sometimes be quarrelsome with other dogs. They can also be possessive with those he loves.
Known health problem: hip dysplasia, eye infections.
Note: It is a dog that needs a lot of exercise.
Patellar dislocation (patella)
• Dysplasia (developmental anomaly) of the hip and elbow
• Aseptic necrosis (degeneration) of the femoral head
• Mucopolysaccharidosis (skeletal malformations, including sternum, vertebrae and hips)
Predisposition to diseases
• corneal dystrophy (corneal opacity) (opacity of the cornea)
• Hypothyroidism (decreased hormone production by the thyroid gland)
• Epilepsy (convulsions)
• Demodecie (infection of the skin by the parasite Demodex)
• Immune-mediated hemolytic anemia (AHMI)
• Urolithiasis (stones) urinary
• Portosystemic shunt (short circuit of the liver through the bloodstream)
• Diabetes mellitus