Breed: Boston Terrier
Family: Terriers / Utility Dog
Nationality: United States
Weight (kg): 4.5 - 11.5
Size (cm): 38 - 43
Hair type: short and hard
Color Standards: Black and white, can be brindle
Origin and History: Crosses between the White Terrier, Boxer, Bull Terrier and Bulldog. It weighed more than 20 kg, but the breeders tried to reduce its size.
Personality: Bright, happy and faithful.
Known health problem: No particular health problems known so far.
Note: They were used as fighting dogs in the Boston area.
• Dysplasia (developmental anomaly) of the hip and elbow
• Aseptic necrosis (degeneration) of the femoral head
Patellar dislocation (patella)
Predisposition to diseases
• Brachycephalic complex (stenosis of the nostrils, soft palate elongation, tracheal hypoplasia, eversion of laryngeal saccules causing snoring, difficulty breathing and collapse)
• Dystocia (difficulties during delivery)
• Distichiasis (row of supernumerary eyelashes that point to the cornea)
• Glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye)
• Dermatitis (inflammation of the skin) allergic
• Corneal dystrophy (growth disorder)
• Hypothyroidism (decreased hormone production by the thyroid gland)
• Cleft lip (lip) and palate (palate)
• Perineal hernia (at the perineum level)